
AP Calculus, ohhh what an adventure. I signed up with people nodding their heads behind me saying, “ Don’t do it, it’s suicide!”, but I usually touch the boiling pot when I’m told not to. First of all, Ms. Hwang is a magical fairy of math. I hope you ALL have realized that by now. If she’s not working for you, then it’s not her, its YOU. =D
Calculus Camp was so much fun. The majority of the time we didn’t do calculus. We played some “completely non-calculus related” games. At night, we would play “flashlight tag”, (where we hide behind super scary trees in the woods in the pitch darkness) and played random games until 4 am! We went on high ropes (similar to tightrope walking), which was a fail for me.
AND I guess we did calculus too. It was about 15 hours of intense studying, 7 of which were straight hours. We stayed in a cozy little cabin, and we all laid/sat on the floor or on the couch reviewing the “more difficult” aspects of calculus. Being a magical fairy, Ms. Hwang managed to create Calculus games ( I know. It’s an oxymoron).
Those hours helped me so much! The first 2 mesters I got a C-, that was earned from random make-up tests and extra credit. The 3rd mester, I got a B. I felt like everyone knew what was going on, except for me. I know a few people who didn’t go to Calculus Camp and got straight A’s in the class, but earned only a 1 on their exam.
I got a 4 on the AP exam. I think Calc Camp, which fell between my Cs and my AP exam, made a big difference.
If you need a little more magic in your calculus to fulfill your 80% recommendation, GO TO AP CALCULUS CAMP!
YOU + CALC CAMP+ MAGIC= SUCCESS!!!
KOOKY!!!!!
ReplyDeletehahaha, listen to this girl, she knows what she's talkin about =]
a 4, can you believe it???
and with Cs, so its not impossible