Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Fundraising for Calculus Camp

For those few who will read this tonight, I really miss you guys already! I will be back tomorrow though. I hope your CSTs are going well, C-trackers!

Anyways, I have been working for you guys even while I'm out. I have some good news and some bad news...

The bad news:

There is no more Bill and Melinda Gates grant to match every dollar we bring in. This means we have to start getting innovative as to how we are going to raise the rest of the money.

The good news:

1. Our city councilman has decided to pay for half of our busing already! =)
2. I hear rumors of another grant opening up in the next couple of weeks. I don't know the details yet, but we will automatically qualify when it happens.
3. I have posted our trip on www.donorschoose.org/hwang and people have given about $730 already! Go check it out! Then send the link to people you might know who will be willing to give as well.
4. There is a TV taping opportunity this Thursday that is for people 12 years and older! It goes from 4:00 pm to 9:00 pm. It's a Disney show, so it'll be nice and cleeeean. =) And it's close! If this happens, I will even postpone your test until next Monday since you won't be able to study for it this Friday...

More details to come soon. I'm especially getting some crazy ideas that I'm wondering if you would be willing to do w/ me or not...

See you tomorrow then!

No comments:

Post a Comment